Jordan is an Assistant Professor of Technical Communication at the University of North Texas and graduated from the CRDM program in the fall of 2012. He is author of two books, and his newest book–Smartphones as Locative Media–was published as part of the Digital Media & Society series. He has also authored over 15 journal articles, and his primary research focuses on emerging media, especially emerging mobile media that use physical location to shape information delivery.
The CRDM alumni award recognizes an alumn who has demonstrated some or all of the qualities below:
– excellency in interdisciplinary work;
– distinguished scholarly research and/or professional achievement since graduation;
– sustained engagement in and ongoing commitments to the CRDM program;
– outstanding service (community, institution, discipline/professional field or organization);
– exemplary engagement within their discipline and/or professional field.
The award will be officially presented at the CRDM Research Symposium, when Dr. Frith will also talk to the CRDM community about his research trajectory since graduating from the program. The symposium this year is scheduled for March 19-20, 2016, and the organizers will reserve a 30 minute-slot for the award ceremony. More details to be announced soon.
Congratulations, Dr. Frith!!!